Thelin Gnome lpg potbellied stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dutchhenry

Aug 13, 2019
The stove will light and run for a while then just shuts off. Clicking the starter switch will get it to come on for a while then shut off again. Lately it will not start again even with clicking the switch on and off and when it will start it will only run for a short time. Looking for ideas where to look or who should I call to get it fixed? I installed this unit back in 2007? Thanks much.

You will need a multimeter set to VDC.
With only the pilot burning, touch the probes
to the TP-TH & TP terminals on the gas valve.
You should read about 550 +/- 25mV, & the
reading should hold steady.
Turn the burner on, IF you can & watch the mV.
The reading should drop to about 220mV & hold steady.
What readings are you getting?

Well I'm not the best with meters(lol) I have a Harbor Frt CEN-TECH digital multimeter I had it set on DCV2000m first reading with pilot light 420/425 settled on the 425 with the flame it was a steady 235. Thanks again for the help.

can you detach the wires from it & use a small wire to jump them together?
If that works & the unit stays on, you probably have a faulty switch.

Yes I can detach the wires from the screw terminals then jumper the two screw terminals together. I'll give it a try and thanks again for the help.