1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Thelin parlour cost?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jzinckgra, Dec 27, 2009.

1. jzinckgra

jzinckgra Member

Loc:
    Raymond, Maine
    I saw a used parlouor 3000 for $1800. I never even heard of Thelin, but after reading some of the reviews here I understand they are a real good stove. Also, use very little electricity. Of course, the used thelin didn't last long, as someone else must have snatched it up. what do those cost new? I'm kinda stuck on getting one now, as compared to the harman accentra I was looking at, i was not that impressed.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. imacman

imacman Guest

3. schmeg

schmeg Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    I work with a guy who owns one and isn't totally happy with it. Some mechanical issues, and underwhelming heat output. Just sayin.
  4. jzinckgra

jzinckgra Member

Loc:
    Raymond, Maine
    interesting. guess there are some good/bad ones.
  5. imacman

imacman Guest

Very true, but I would find a dealer that has one burning in the showroom, and go see for yourself.
  6. krooser

krooser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waupaca, WI
    Generally speaking the Thelins are good stove but don't have the btu's that other stoves have. My buddy has one... no issues for about 5 years but they are noisy... they have a "buzz" that doesn't go away. I've heard the owner of the company will actually provide tech support and parts with a smile... try THAT with any other mfg.

Not sure but I think a new Thelin isn't much over the $2k mark... much cheaper with the tax rebate.
  7. jzinckgra

jzinckgra Member

Loc:
    Raymond, Maine
    really? I thought they were 3-4K. Someone has a gnome and claims it was 3K new. They're selling for $1750.
  8. krooser

krooser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waupaca, WI
    I'll check my local dealer for his price and get back to you...
  9. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Careful guys, The price difference from Wisconsin and New England can be large. I argued with a member about the bigE cost. I paid $1799 and they are only $900 or so out there. There's more greed in the New England area!
  10. SXIPro

SXIPro Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern MA
    I think in '08 the Thelins had some really bad motor issues. The ones I checked out didn't throw nearly the heat that my old Harman does. They are cool looking though. But I need heat, not a conversation piece.
  11. krooser

krooser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waupaca, WI
    Some greed... but also higher costs of doing business... it's a shame really.

But didn't I see you in those "Direct Buy" ads bragging how you saved $40,000 on your new kitchen cabinets?.... C'mon... don't deny it!!! Or was it $40K on pellets?.... Don't remember!!!!
  12. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    OK, I admit it but it was 40,000 pennies on my new windows and hardwood floors! :p
  13. krooser

krooser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waupaca, WI
    Pricier than I thought.... $3499.00 msrp fpr the Parlour... $3199.00 msrp for the Gnome... my dealer has a Gnome demo for $2199.00.... that's probably the price I remember.
  14. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Pricey little buggers aint they? You can get an Omega for that!
  15. jzinckgra

jzinckgra Member

Loc:
    Raymond, Maine
    thanks, I think I will reconsider the parlour. Currently taking a look at the enviro empress. used one for $1895 with piping. think that is decent? I onow new they are abuot $2700, so with tax credit, about $2295 before tax.
  16. schmeg

schmeg Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    You may be on a better track with the Enviro. I never have had one but another aquaintence has one and loves it. I've been to his house on occasion and the stove belches good heat out.
    I don't want to dump on Thelin, but after seeing what my friend went through last winter, (bad auger motor, not a lot of heat etc), they just don't get my vote of confidence for getting
    done what we pelletheads need, reliable heat.
  17. krooser

krooser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waupaca, WI
    The dealer WILL negotiate a little... and you get 4 tons of pellets (one ton for four years...yeah they will still be there). My neighbor bought his used for $800.00 from a guy getting a divorce...
  18. jzinckgra

jzinckgra Member

Loc:
    Raymond, Maine
    are you talknig about the thelin or enviro? the person selling the empress will only come down to $1795. the stove is only 1yo.
  19. krooser

krooser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waupaca, WI
    The Thelin... but my guy will negotiate on every stove... just a bit. It's a tough time of year to negotiate on a stove... I bought my used St. Croix in October... paid $1100.00 with a one year parts and labor warranty. The stove is an '01 model and I bought it in 2007.
  20. stillersnut

stillersnut Member

Loc:
    south central pa.
    Love my Thelin, burns any pellet and great customer service. Any time I called I was able to talk to Jay Thelin. I have been burning mine for a few years with no problems. Would highly recomend one. They burn good and look good.(Support the small American industry, buy a Thelin)you won't be disappointed.
  21. mgambuzza

mgambuzza Member

Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    We had both the Gnome and Parlor 3000. Gnome was about 2200 (demo), and the Parlor was about 2900 (red with Nickel trim). Awesome quality and build. Would definitely consider purchasing another (regularly browse craigslist and ebay in case one does show up).
  22. Leland

Leland New Member

Loc:
    Delaware
    Been pricing the Parlour 3000 here in Delaware. Got a quote of $3,300 yesterday. Then thought I would check out a dealer closer to home, not knowing if he sold Thelins. Walked out the door today with the same stove for $1,660.
    End of year sale!

Leland
  23. imacman

imacman Guest

WOW, great find Leland! We'll be waiting for the install & burning pics. Don't see Thelins on the forum often. I LOVE the red ones.
  24. mgambuzza

mgambuzza Member

Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    AWESOME Price - normally I would say you should feel guilty "stealing" this, but this is "the worst economy since the depression". Enjoy the Thelin - I loved mine - the only thing better would be if I paid what you did - I could have bought two of yours for what I paid for mine a couple of years ago. Best wishes with it!!
  25. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    That was a heck of a steal for you. Congrates and enjoy!