Then the Sky Opened Up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Did some splitting this afternoon then the sky opened up with some serious rain, attached are some pictures.

The first load was basswood for the bottom, the rest is red maple,sugar maple with some nice beech.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4097.jpg
    100_4097.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 428
  • 100_4098.jpg
    100_4098.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 427
  • 100_4099.jpg
    100_4099.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 436
  • 100_4100-1.jpg
    100_4100-1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 437
  • 100_4101.jpg
    100_4101.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 405
  • 100_4102.jpg
    100_4102.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 421
We got some of that rain last night around 2 am and were getting it again right now.

I can't remember when we've had so much rain.

Nice Stacks as usual Zap. Love all that pine needle mulch mother nature puts down for you.

basswidow said:
We got some of that rain last night around 2 am and were getting it again right now.

I can't remember when we've had so much rain.

Nice Stacks as usual Zap. Love all that pine needle mulch mother nature puts down for you.

basswidow, I think some of those needle will be used back on the trails for fill. Looks like tomorrow could be a tough day for the north country with high wind warnings, we will push in some cherry early then get some gas for the generator,chainsaws then we should be set.

zap

Zap, sun was out up here most of the day so I was able to get a good supply moved up to the house. Sky opened up about an hour ago and yup, we are supposed to get the big blow and lots of rain tomorrow also. Good day to stay out of the bush 4 sure.

rottiman said:
Zap, sun was out up here most of the day so I was able to get a good supply moved up to the house. Sky opened up about an hour ago and yup, we are supposed to get the big blow and lots of rain tomorrow also. Good day to stay out of the bush 4 sure.

Yes, not any work in the woods tomorrow. Looks like I'll grab some stuff at the country store early then pull some stuff out of the woods in case some trees come down.

zap

Zap,
I think you need a dog or two. Your pics need dogs.

Flatbedford said:
Zap,

One of these days FBF, it might happen I'm just not sure about it yet.

zap

You've got all the other stuff. Woods, saws, trucks, etc. :)

zapny said:
Flatbedford said:
Zap,

One of these days FBF, it might happen I'm just not sure about it yet.

zap

I can picture a nice big black lab ridin in the rhino ,out to the bush to drag sticks all around ,and happily carry on like only a lab can do....................

Zap, thanks for sending that wet crap this way. Yesterday was a mess here. Now today is a different story, time to get outside and play with my new toy........teaser.

Pics to follow.

KC

Looks like the rain is done here but still have that pesky wind. I had to run into town so bought gas before coming home. My ears got cold standing there pumping gas. Time to break out the winter hats.

Even your equiment still looks great. Must have a power washer around?

Flatbedford said:
Zap,

you can borrow Emma anytime zap :cheese:

we have the same weather right now, big wind and big rain :shut: woodstove is humming along fine though ;-)

loon

loon said:
Flatbedford said:
Zap,

we have the same weather right now, big wind and big rain :shut: woodstove is humming along fine though ;-)

loon

Loon, keep the rain down your way, we got the wind goin as well as the stove. Stuck workin today so bush is out of the question anyway. Hopefully the wind will help with the leaf problem........................

loon said:
Flatbedford said:
Zap,

loon

Thanks Loon, but my wife would never give her back. The wind is not that bad yet so I did finish stacking the split maple & beech then we pushed in a load of sugar maple & beech just in case it gets bad next week. The sugar maple we pushed in is from the hung up tree from up top (pic 1349 & 1351 are the hung up sugar maple we pushed in) we took down this year then split and stacked, I will take a moisture content reading tonight then one next week.

We had a small maple come down across the lane going in to our property so I cut that up then went for a ride.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4103.jpg
    100_4103.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 100_4104.jpg
    100_4104.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_4105.jpg
    100_4105.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 188
  • 100_1349.jpg