There is a new NC30 sitting in my garage...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet looking place. Love the wall of windows, must be a great view. But gives me the shivers just thinking of standing next to that wall after sundown. burr LOL.
Nice place, nice set up. Enjoy.

Reactions: Big Uno
Well I got it in today. No small feat considering we have gotten 3 feet of snow in the last 4 days. Getting on the roof to run my liner was a tad tricky. Fit perfectly. I've got a break in fire going right now with stove top at around 300.

20131218_154140.jpg 20131218_163045.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: brenndatomu
Looks good snot (feels weird typing that), didn't think you'd get it in with the snow storms blowing through here not to mention temps in the single digits, I don't mind the cold and love snow but I'm glad I did mine on a 55 degree day.

Reactions: Snotrocket
Schwiiiing!

Looks great! I'm finally getting the real hang of burning in mine and it is an impressive heater. I am burning mostly pine which has been split small to accelerate seasoning, so that limits my burn times a bit, but I can still reload on coals after 9-11 hours. Now that we have hit our "normal" winter temps with highs in the 20's F and lows between 0F and 10F, I am on a morning and evening reload schedule and my house almost never dips below 75.

Put the Canary in the garage. >>

Well the first 24 hours have certainly been pleasant. This new stove is going to save me so much wood it's not even funny. I've reloaded it partially 3 times and my house is at 77 degrees right now. I would have dumped 5x as much wood into my old smoke dragon.

The brick around the stove stays nice and hot and radiates long after the fire has gone down. Very happy with it.

Love a happy ending. Congratulations.

There is only about 1/4 inch gap between the top of the stove and the top of the fireplace opening.
Wow, that's tight! If it is heating good for you now, it will probably run you out once you get some room for the air to flow across the top of it!

BB, to what tune is one to sing the "Englander" song to? ==c

Looks good! I was worried about how mine would look with the legs cut , yours looks almost factory , time to fire up the grinder.
Thanks for the reassurance .
Have you gotten over the new toy feeling yet? I haven't , the house is always to hot from me playing with the stove. Merry Christmas .

I'm very used to feeding the old stove 4-6 times a day. Before I was heating from the unfinished basement up. It worked okay but sucked the wood down at a good 6 cord per winter clip.

Now I can get by on loading it maybe twice if not only once per day. Smaller loads to. I'm going to cut my wood usage down by over 50%.

The house only got cooler than 68 once in the last week and that was because the stove had gone out 10 hours prior. It's been between 74-76 most of the time. I've had to open the sliding door to my deck twice because it was to hot.

The brick fireplace is a ridiculous thermal mass. Even after the stove has long been out it still reads 140F on my infrared temp gun.

I love it and the wife loves it. Can't ask for more than that. The decreased wood usage is just a super bonus.

Reactions: pen
I have a new 30 sitting in my addition. For about 5 years or more now I think. Sad to see the dust on it and the crap I have stock piled on it LOL.
Enjoy, you made a wise decision. Install looks nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.