There's never enough... is there?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
since this thread is gone to hell, I will confess. I actually havea a stained glass piece hung by the stove. It suits the room perfectly
I trash picked it. I also have blue stained glass fixture, and fish from delaware-see pic.

It is a mix of what works for you, don't let the boys scare you- she's always right/always will be.

Attachments

• glass1.jpg
    glass1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 265
  • glass 2.jpg
    glass 2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 262
  • glass 3.jpg
    glass 3.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 271
I'm proud that my thread has gone to hell. Perhaps by preceding me, it will break my fall. Fossil, and Kenny Chaos, I'll save you both seats by the fire if you don't beat me there.

So, we've collectively established that I should continue gathering firewood, and that gf and I have horrible taste in art. But at least njtomatoguy had the balls to post some pictures of what else is going on above his fire.

Any other takers? I'm rather enjoying spitting my coffee all over the monitor.

That picture is not so bad. It is definitely more modern than stained glass.
A picture of the gf could redeem you, maybe.

Had dinner with the neighbor last evening who, even tho they head south for the winter and just keep the house at 50, spent over $3000 on LP last fall to now. Our total heat bill for the same period was $198, and all thanks to the wood stove. Keep stacking.

I will give you one more "don't stop stackin'". I, too, think things are going to get really bad. So bad, in fact, that I am half expecting people to start dropping and stealing trees from my property...I already had a case of someone shoting a deer and dragging it off this past weekend. Maybe they can't afford their steaks...You're not storing T-bones in your yard, it's firewood (the firewood isn't going to go bad in a year). I am always on the lookout for fallen trees in the neighbors' yards to try to pick up. I'm typically at it at lease a few days out of every month. In fact, I have three trees (read oak, white oak, and hickory) that are well over 30" diameter each (I still have to get those bucked and split). It is definitely an addition, but not a bad one - at least, in my opinion.

As far as the picture...well, maybe I shouldn't say anything, but I do agree that a happy woman makes life much easier. You might wat to convince her to let you hang a nice Springfield rifle or an old two-man saw over there. Then, when she gives you that look, you can tell her that you really like the picture.

You're certifiably crazy only if you think thats enough wood. You need to double up on your quantity minimum.

As an added bonus, jus thtink of the cost savings in lawn mower fuel you'll realize by not having to mow the entire outside 4' perimeter of your back yard.

You are crazy, you should have double that amount of wood. I have about 15 cords at various stages and keep looking.
Oh, and I have a pic of kenny chaos's girlfriend above my stove :lol:

Actually.....and get this.....I DO have a two man saw with a farm scene painted on it above my stove. It fits. No pics though.

Keep stacking that wood! Scary thought about my fireplace is above it is one of those antique looking hugh mirrors!! uggggh, see yourself at 2 am unloading a hot round cause your stove is cranking towards 1000 degrees and your running thru the living room with those log pinchers and a smoking split towards the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hardwood715 said:
Keep stacking that wood! Scary thought about my fireplace is above it is one of those antique looking hugh mirrors!! uggggh, see yourself at 2 am unloading a hot round cause your stove is cranking towards 1000 degrees and your running thru the living room with those log pinchers and a smoking split towards the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is your primary air control broken? Hmmm...

Im the primary air controller, Ive got an old classic, with the door spin knobs 4 each, I had opened them all the way to rekindle, and got busy doing something else then went to bed, forgetting to reset them, woke up sweating, and the rest is as I will like to remember ..history, got her settled down, and learned a good lesson. Every year I say I will replace that insert...maybe this will be the year!

[quote author="Jags" date="1211306549"]Oh, and I have a pic of kenny chaos's girlfriend above my stove :lol"

So you got the July'61 edition of Playboy?

this her? ebay has everything.

Attachments

• kenny gf.jpg
    kenny gf.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 152
kenny chaos said:
Jags said:
Oh, and I have a pic of kenny chaos's girlfriend above my stove :lol"

So you got the July'61 edition of Playboy?

Gotta love Sheralee Conners!

You guys are good!
Need an updated photo?
Check the October '06 issue of AARP but trust me, some memories are better left alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.