1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

thermobloc, termovar mixing valves

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by kjahnz, Nov 23, 2012.

1. kjahnz

kjahnz Member

Loc:
    Minnesota
    I was searching for prices and a supplier, came up frustrated. Does anyone have a link? I seem to have some circulation problems.

View attachment 82292

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. flyingcow

flyingcow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    northern-half of maine
    i got my termovar valves from Tarm is Lyme N.H.
  3. ThermoBS

ThermoBS New Member

Loc:
    Sunapee, NH
    Also New Horizon Corp has a Danfoss Valve, on ebay check Marc at "Passion for fire and water" search Thermovar.

I am looking for a Thermobac, LK822, p/n 181110, low opening pressure check valve to use in my piping for natural circulation from a wood boiler to a storage tank for a low of power dump zone. Seems that they are all in Europe! and shipping is a killer. Any Suggestions??

I think the premade loading units are the way to go, but I have all the components except the check valve. I could use a brass swing check but I am not sure the tank has the height to open the swing and get the max flow. Any restriction in a natural convection circuit is an issue.

thanks TJ

PS I do Energy Audits in New England
    http://thermobuildingservices.com

Tarm MB40 conventional wood boiler, Dedrick Oil Boiler with radiant floor off primary loop and hooking up a 430 gallon steel storage tank