Thermopex price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dswitham

Dec 27, 2009
western ME
I don't know if this is right place to post this or not. If you live within driving distance of Conway, NH there is a CB dealer that is having a sale on thermopex. The 1" is $11/foot and the 1 1/4" is $14/foot. They will cut it in 5/foot intervals. I hadn't heard of them until we started pricing the thermopex and I started calling dealers in our area to find a price for it. I don't know how long the sale is on for, only that it is a summer sale. They have both in stock. We only have about 33' to go underground so going the pex and foam in a ditch type of install didn't seem like it would be worth it for us. Also the 1 1/4" is I.D. This was great for us as we were planning on doing two runs of 1" to get enough flow out to our greenhouse, so with the 1 1/4" we only had to do one run.

I'm sure you've read my post in the underground sticky. When I did the math on that post I didn't multiply the Pex by two for the supply and return. So ignoring dirtwork which everyone needs to do regardless of piping it cost me about $11/ft for TWO lines (or $5.50/line). If I was only going 33 ft and could buy pretty close the exact length, I'd do the Thermopex also since any foam contractor will have a minimum just to come out. I would go with the larger line to reduce flow rate and accomodate future potential needs even if the demand says 1" would work. I don't ever want to see those lines again! Best wishes.

that is a deal, three years ago when I put in my M-175 I paid 12.50/ft for 1" thermopex, 85' of it! it is the best stuff! my yard stays frozen over the whole run all winter and I am not able to find a difference in temp between the back of the boiler and the HX in my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.