Thermostat help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msherer

Burning Hunk
Dec 9, 2010
IL
I bought an old house and the thermostat is missing so i bought a new one. Unfortunately I don't know much about thermostats or the wiring. There are 8 wires but the thermostat I purchased only has spot for 7 wires. The thermostat I purchased is below.

https://customer.honeywell.com/resources/techlit/TechLitDocuments/69-0000s/69-2732ES.pdf

The wires aren't marked but I located the terminals on the furnace (i should have written them down probably before I posted). I can post more info this PM when I get back on site but was hoping maybe someone has ran into this before and can give me some guidance before I have to call someone.

Matt

I bought an old house and the thermostat is missing so i bought a new one. Unfortunately I don't know much about thermostats or the wiring. There are 8 wires but the thermostat I purchased only has spot for 7 wires. The thermostat I purchased is below.

https://customer.honeywell.com/resources/techlit/TechLitDocuments/69-0000s/69-2732ES.pdf

The wires aren't marked but I located the terminals on the furnace (i should have written them down probably before I posted). I can post more info this PM when I get back on site but was hoping maybe someone has ran into this before and can give me some guidance before I have to call someone.

Matt

Here's what's on the furnace

white wire =w
brown = v/w2
yellow = y1
blue = y/y2
green = g
black = c
red = r

Thermostat has following terminals
b
o
w
y
g
r
rc

any ideas?

matt

Here's what's on the furnace

white wire =w
brown = v/w2
yellow = y1
blue = y/y2
green = g
black = c
red = r

Thermostat has following terminals
b
o
w
y
g
r
rc

any ideas?

matt
Did you try and find the furnace installation instructions on line?

what type of heat is this? is it a heat pump? how many stage compressor? is it a dual fuel type heat pump? it might be time to call tech support or a mechanical company if you don't know the answers to the questions.

i only count 7 in your "furnace"

also, did you look at page 18 of your manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.