Thermostat install questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Fortier

Feeling the Heat
Sep 29, 2013
Hey again,
Just picked up a Lux TX500Ua. A tad lost at the moment. I assume I hook it according to the 1or 2 stage heating only (1 or 2?) Also assume I need to run back out and pick up wire as it comes with none? type wire? As you see I am lost ...any and all help please.

The first diagram applies to pellet stoves. No it does not come with wire. You don't need anything large gauge wise. Just match the wire attached to the stove if u have it. If not maybe 14gauge. Not sure if there is a prescribed size.

HD or Lowes sells thermostat wire by the roll.

Just got back and got 18 gauge..wish me luck.

WARNING!!!!! Do not attempt this job without at least one beer in your hand or within arms reach. Good luck.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Ok is a Bloody Mary (2) OK? then beer? Running it through tests..so far so good. Hope to see 2 of everything if it works!!:eek:

As long as beer is in there some place. :)

My friend..without a doubt!!

Last edited:
What does the swing setting do?. I am bringing this one back. Woke up at 3:30 to a burn pot full of pellet and stove not on and a 3 degree difference in house temp and thermo temp. Turned it up to fire and that's what my burn pot looked like after much smoke in the house. Dumb move . And it kept feeding pellet...was a blazer in there. Shut it down and waited for flames to die down.

John if the thermostat was set to 74 deg. and the swing setting was 2 deg. the thermostat would not call for heat until the temp dropped to 72.
Without this feature each time your room temp drops even a degree the thermostat will call for the pellet stove to start. So there could be a lot of starts and stops. The swing feature slows all this down.

Going to return what I have and pick up one with a swing setting. Really curious to why the burn pot was full and still filling.

In mine the flame prove sensor stays hot enough and the stove immediately starts feeding pellets even though a good flame has not been established. The swing setting allows enough time for it to cool down.

Status
Not open for further replies.