Thermostat Pro Needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To make it run manually that is what I have been doing, unhooking wires from stat and twisting two wires together. I didn't know that was the same as shorting the leads.
There is no setting switch on Bella to change from stat to manual. So, I just unhooked wires from stat and hooked them together, like a jump wire.

When I run the stove that way the problem never presents. But, I have to get up in night to either turn on or off the stove to keep from frying or freezing. That is why I'd really like to figure out the problem it is having when operating on stat. I want the ease that comes with being able to "set it and forget it".

To make it run manually that is what I have been doing, unhooking wires from stat and twisting two wires together. I didn't know that was the same as shorting the leads.
There is no setting switch on Bella to change from stat to manual. So, I just unhooked wires from stat and hooked them together, like a jump wire.

When I run the stove that way the problem never presents. But, I have to get up in night to either turn on or off the stove to keep from frying or freezing. That is why I'd really like to figure out the problem it is having when operating on stat. I want the ease that comes with being able to "set it and forget it".
I couldn't remember if you said, but have you tried to contact the manufacturer?

You're asking about the manufacturer of the stove? Yes, we did. Many many times Handy's Heating (who sold us and installed the stove) has been out here, only to replace so many switches and the motherboard, and scratch their heads and send videos of the issue to Lennox. Lennox no longer returns calls or answers emails. (This is after installing 1st Bella, which had these identical issues from day one, and so after one season they replaced it with Bella number two, which is doing same thing as Bella number one.) Now Handy's, probably as frustrated as I am, has me "waiting to hear from them" indefinitely...so, I've been troubleshooting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.