thermostat that is adjustable for fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim H.

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
i have a register in which i had a small computer fan last year and the heat was coming up from the basement (with pellet stove) at 80 plus degrees to the upper level of my bilevel. this year i am going to try an extra fan i have left from my gas fireplace that i sold. it had a snapdisc for turning on at a pre determined temp. i was wondering if there is either a snapdisc or another type of thermostat i can use inline to turn the blower in the floor on at a pre determined temp or variable would work.....then all i have to do is adjust the speed. thanks......
jim

Its called a stove stat. Strap that baby to the stove, but instead of it turning on your stove fan, you can run it to your other fan. Keep in mind that this will be reading stove temp, not air temp.

Attachments

• wood_stove_fan_control.jpg
    wood_stove_fan_control.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 212
The problem with the torpedo heater t-stat is it turns the fan on when it cools off rather than when it heats up. I'm not the OP, but I need one to turn the fan on once the stove is at temp and then off if the stove cools to avoid moving cold air. Stove stat will fill my need nicely. Thanks!

look up thermocube, they have some set up to turn on and off air conditioners that would work for what you want.

Hey, that thar thermocube thingy looks pretty cool. Not sure if it will work for the OP, but I can see many uses for such a critter.

Status
Not open for further replies.