Thermostat Wiring Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT-Mike

Minister of Fire
Mar 22, 2008
New England
I have a Hampton GCI60 insert, and I am installing a smart thermostat to incorporate the stove into my Control4 home automation environment. The thermostat needs a third common wire, typically installed on the secondary side of 24v HVAC transformers.

So I am looking for some help on where to grab this common connection on my stove. I want to be sure prior to connecting it up as these thermostats are pretty pricey.

Thanks,

Mike

I have a Hampton GCI60 insert, and I am installing a smart thermostat to incorporate the stove into my Control4 home automation environment. The thermostat needs a third common wire, typically installed on the secondary side of 24v HVAC transformers.

So I am looking for some help on where to grab this common connection on my stove. I want to be sure prior to connecting it up as these thermostats are pretty pricey.

Thanks,

Mike

Do you have a wiring diagram? And are you sure that the tstat is compatible with the control board. Normally you need a millivolt type of tstat.

Status
Not open for further replies.