Thermostatic control does not seem to be working anymore on blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfk4th

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 8, 2007
NY
Hi guys,
It's been a while for me on this website, kids and job keeping me crazy busy. A nice burning season but it seems my blower is not automatically turning on when it usually does. I can switch the blower to on and it runs but it seems like it takes a lot longer to automatically come on. Sometimes it can take well over 45 minutes, way too long. Don't think I have bumped anything as I would imagine the the thermostat is where the blower is(like on my Avalon). I have a Quadra-Fire 5100 insert. Maybe just time for a new thermostat, its probably 10 years old. Might be time to clean dust, etc inside the grate for the blower, etc. Any ideas? Thanks

It sounds like your snap disc/switch isn't making a good contact or it is on it's way out.

Thermostatic control does not seem to be working anymore on blower

JFK said:
Hi guys,
It's been a while for me on this website, kids and job keeping me crazy busy. A nice burning season but it seems my blower is not automatically turning on when it usually does. I can switch the blower to on and it runs but it seems like it takes a lot longer to automatically come on. Sometimes it can take well over 45 minutes, way too long. Don't think I have bumped anything as I would imagine the the thermostat is where the blower is(like on my Avalon). I have a Quadra-Fire 5100 insert. Maybe just time for a new thermostat, its probably 10 years old. Might be time to clean dust, etc inside the grate for the blower, etc. Any ideas? Thanks

Treacherous said:
It sounds like your snap disc/switch isn't making a good contact or it is on it's way out.

+1. First, take a look to see if it's making good contact with the stove body.
Sometimes they're held in position with small spring steel brackets which
can distort after a lot of heat/cool cycles. You can test it with a lighter or a
match by holding the center of the metallic side over the flame. You have to
do it in a relatively quiet area as the sound of it closing is very soft...
Makes a little "tink" kinda sound when it actuates. If it doesn't, replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.