Thermostats for quad classic bay1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Oct 12, 2013
Salem, NH
I have a quad classic bay1200 with a hard wired manual thermostat. I love the stove but hate the thermostat. The wire is always in the way and I would like something programmable. Are there options besides the quad thermostats, and are there wireless options as I do not want to drill holes and run wires. Thanks for any help.

Any thermostat will wire up. Just got a lux 500 that is very featured. U can get wireless stats too but cost a lot.

I have the Lux . It's great . With a swing set of 4 works perfect . Set at 75 comes on runs to 77 shuts off until it hits 73

Beware that if you get the TX500U, make sure it is NOT the TX500Ua. In the a version they removed the swing setting! However, you can set the time between cycles but it is not quite the same effect...

Reactions: jtakeman
Been using a Skytech 5301 for years on my Quad. Works great and is wireless expect for the receiver which wires to the stove where you old stat was located.

Attachments

• Skytech 5301.jpg
    Skytech 5301.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 148
Beware that if you get the TX500U, make sure it is NOT the TX500Ua. In the a version they removed the swing setting! However, you can set the time between cycles but it is not quite the same effect...
Do you have to run wires or is it wireless?

Been using a Skytech 5301 for years on my Quad. Works great and is wireless expect for the receiver which wires to the stove where you old stat was located.
What is the cost of skytech and does it have a swing setting to allow for less cycling of the stove?

look on EBay for
What is the cost of skytech and does it have a swing setting to allow for less cycling of the stove?
I have the same Skytech and yes, it is wireless. There is a receiver box that holds batteries and has two wires that get attached to the same terminals as your thermostat would normally be attached to. The transmitter can be located anywhere within a reasonable distance. Just test it to be sure it is reliable at that distance and turns the stove on and off.
Yes, it has swing settings.
You will find all versions of them on EBay from simple ones to very sophisticated ones,, Depends on how much money you want to spend and what your 'nerd factor' is.

$150 to $225, yes it has a swing setting.

Sry the lux tx1500 is wired. Wireless stats are 150$+

Status
Not open for further replies.