Thimble help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tabner

Feeling the Heat
Jan 17, 2019
Eastern CT
Does anyone have experience with this thimble model? This is from northline, it runs through combustible wall into masonry thimble on the chimney. My question is with regard to the disc I circled in the screenshot. By my reading of the instructions and looking at the diagrams, that plate should be pushed up against the wall on the inside - the combustible wall (presumably dry wall). I have received the thimble delivery, and upon in-person inspection, that plate looks funky as heck, it has the weird hole pattern in it, poor fit and finish, and raised rivets, etc. It just not look like a trim disc you'd want to see on the interior of your room, up against the drywall. I would have guessed a trim ring to go over it, but there is no mention on northlines website of needing a ring, and nothing in the instructions. Am I missing something?

Thimble help