Thinking about picking up a 2nd stove Englander 25-pdvc $600 Good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seige101

Minister of Fire
Mar 25, 2008
Western MA
Currently have an enviro empress and am very happy with it. Home depot is blowing out the Engladers for $669 - 10% just over 600 bucks.

Figure a great price for a backup stove or perhaps installing it in my mothers house.
Any major cons or problems with this line?
I see it doesn't have a ash pan, how big of a deal is this?

Thanks
Tim

Extra evil thought, Lowes has the summers heat (same stove different name right). Do i have them price match w/ their 10% guarantee and add my 10% discount on top of that? :)

You could try, but when I bought my Summer's heat, Lowe's had a special nickel finish on the door trim an handle which was an exclusive. They might match Home Depot's price but they'll probably use the excuse that it's not an EXACT match to wiggle out of the extra 10%.

If they are new stoves, that's a great deal.

Regarding the ash pan, the drawback to the Englander stoves is that they don't have a lot of those extra features that other more expensive stoves have, like the ash pan. I simply open the door with the flame going, and use a spatula (and a welder's glove) to scrape the extra ash out of the burn pot once or twice a day.

On the other hand, because they don't have all of those other features, they really aren't as picky to which pellet brands you use. It will burn nearly all of them, and you probably won't see as many problems as some other stove models.

We love ours.

Wonder why they don't have them online for that price. The stores around here don't carry stoves. Thats what I get for living in the stix.

I bought mine at Lowes 4 years ago for about $500 plus tax. It was the last year they clearanced them out. 1st bought it at 25% off $1099[ I'm pretty sure that was the price] I grabbed it because there were only 2 left. 2 days later it dropped to 50% off. I went to Customer service and did a return and rebuy with a 10% off coupon. So 50% off $1099 , $550 minus 10% [50] for $500 plus tax. Best money I ever spent. Basically paid for itself in 3 months.

Thanks guys and gals, on my way to depot to buy it now!

Local store out of stock =( Ordered online $669, website wouldn't let me use my 10% coupon ah well. Free shipping on orders over 299.
Have it here in a week!

I just got mine online from HD, I don't care about the ash pan my self, I see it has one less gasket to worry about. Jusy got mine hooked up and fired yesterday. Plan is to use it as my second stove, I hope I we get one more day of cold so I can see how it performs. Then it can warm up. If I had another $650 I would get another one to replace the kozi I have.

2400 said:
Wonder why they don't have them online for that price. The stores around here don't carry stoves. Thats what I get for living in the stix.

I could not see them for that price on line either.

Como said:
2400 said:

I could not see them for that price on line either.

that is weird, it is there on sale...

we bought our 25pdv at home depot a few weeks ago for a 1004.00 that sale worked out great as 2 day's before we bought it we ran out of firewood
so much happier we don't have to stack firewood anymore and i love that i can just push a button and the pellet stove starts

It's a regional thing, try setting your 'local' store to somewhere else. I have noticed that with lowes website in the past looking for cheap stoves. There is a 800$ difference same stove, same sku # different stores

Status
Not open for further replies.