Thinking about replacing Jotul 3TD with Castine F400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gman1001

Jan 9, 2006
Sales
This winter I put an air return for my air system above my 3td. Little stove just isn't pumping out enough heat I think. I'm limited by space and am considering a two door Castine.

Anyone have thoughts on this swap out? I love the idea of a larger firebox even if it is just 2 inches wider.

Tx!

The Castine holds a lot more wood, maybe about 50% more than the Jotul 3. It will pump out more heat and burn longer with good dry wood.

The Castine holds a lot more wood, maybe about 50% more than the Jotul 3. It will pump out more heat and burn longer with good dry wood.
Good yo know tx!

I'm looking at a used double door Castine. Not sure how old though. I'm wondering if the double door units are the same age as my 3TD.

Should be a bit newer. I think the double door models are from the late 90's up until about 2003 or 2005??

Status
Not open for further replies.