This is kind of interesting.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything has a beginning. I'll bet someone will come up with a way to remove the ashes automatically. Then there will be built in leaf blower cleanings so the whole system will be mostly automated.

The other 20 percent of problems users cause by in-experience. Lol

barnyard840x said:
The other 20 percent of problems users cause by in-experience. Lol

been there...

save$ said:
Everything has a beginning. I'll bet someone will come up with a way to remove the ashes automatically. Then there will be built in leaf blower cleanings so the whole system will be mostly automated.

Aka leaf blower, it would kind of like 'blowing tubes' on an old steam driven destroyer. Have air jets pointed upward and connect an air compressor to them. Blast away!

tjnamtiw said:
save$ said:

Aka leaf blower, it would kind of like 'blowing tubes' on an old steam driven destroyer. Have air jets pointed upward and connect an air compressor to them. Blast away!

Tj are you ex navy?

Surface blow or bottom blow? on that boiler :)

Ex Snipe but on a flat top most of the time :)

That's a really cool setup. The last bit of the vid looks quite dusty though :p Did anyone see the canadian dude with the automated sunflower seed burning boiler? He's on youtube somewhere, I posted it a while back.

CtPaul said:
tjnamtiw said:
save$ said:

Tj are you ex navy?

Surface blow or bottom blow? on that boiler :)

Ex Snipe but on a flat top most of the time :)

I was in nuke subs in the 60's so the only tubes we blew were the 4 up front and the 16 BIG ONES amidships. :) My brother was a skimmer on the Oriskany, the Newport News, and an old destroyer, the Earnest G. Small, not so affectionately known as the 'Dirty Ernie'. One day while tied up at the destroyer wharf in Pearl, someone decided to blow the tubes directly upwind from an Admiral's garden party............. Needless to say, TSHTFAN!!!!!

There are a lot of Europeans' using bulk pellets... and I kinda like being able to buy pellets in smaller bags that they sell there (about 20#'s or so)... great for decrepit old farts with bad backs... not mentioning any names...

krooser said:
There are a lot of Europeans' using bulk pellets... and I kinda like being able to buy pellets in smaller bags that they sell there (about 20#'s or so)... great for decrepit old farts with bad backs... not mentioning any names...

There are several pellet plants here that ship ONLY to Europe. One is down here in Georgia sucking up all our pine trees. :)

I like the 20# bag idea. Either that or a stronger wife!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.