This is split "horizontal". Will it burn ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Split wrong? This thread is going downhill fast! Even ol Backwards Savage hasn't responded so maybe he finally has left the dark side and joined us normal horizontal splitters? :p
Oh my goodness, don't be saying things like that. We will end up like Russia, the sky will fall on us!!!

Reactions: Shane N
Backwoods is thinking about how to make a cider press out of a hydraulic splitter... Could you do that horizontally?

Horizontal or vertical wouldn't matter Backwards, need some apples first! :D

For sure lets hope for a better spring this year. I need to get the trees pruned yet too.

You better get at it. The orchards near me have pruned already!

It can't get any worse than last year.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Skidded, bucked & hauled it from closer to the same mts.
Had to work with this view all day. :)
View attachment 93630
Nice view Bogydave. I live in the part of Ohio known as the flatlands. Flat as a pancake. I love the mountains. At least to look at them.
All this talk about vertical spliting vs. horizontal. I tried the vertical once for the final splits. I found it hurt my back ;lol
And talk about pruning the fruit trees. A lady working for came from an orchard where she helped them finish pruning the whole apple orchard. They chipped all branches and she said there were a lot of big ones in there.:( I missed it. I could have taken all I wanted. Yes, lets hope for a better season this year. The orchard I visit in the fall for apple picking last year had a 75% loss. Can't keep that going for long.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.