This is work.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
The load of 50 locust.Wore out three chains,sparks flying,heavier than all get out.

Attachments

• This is work.
    l1.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 200
  • This is work.
    l2.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 191
Looks honey to me.

What a monster locust. We don't have any locust that big around here. Any locust left near here is dead standing, a blight killed them all 20 years ago.

Reminds me of an old scrounge when I began by free wood journey. Yes I was able to split-it with my SuperSplitter.

This is work.

What winch ? did you use?

I tend to be a minimalist. No winch-- round was set on planks then steel pipes placed under as rollers / red rope to assist. The fun part was splitting it with my electric Super-Splitter. Lucky for me I have a raised staging area so the round could be rolled on to the table which is at ground level. Like I said, I was a newby when I found this so called free firewood. Lesson learned

This is work.
I have dealt with some pretty big stuff. Dont let it scare you. Just dig in and get it done.

Would love to try some locust in the stove sometime but it’s not a species that grows up here in NW Wisconsin. I see it’s the top dog on the firewood BTU charts by far. The best woods we can get around here are red oak, birch and some ironwood.