1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

This just in: Paula Deen caught eating a hamburger

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Jags, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    cardboard with a few pats of butter slathered on there is pretty tasty. ;-P

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MishMouse

MishMouse Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Verndale, MN
    A bigger story would be Paula Deen caught eating a small salad with no dressing.

Paula would be more of a person to eat one of those Heart Attack Burgers and having them soak it in butter.
  3. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    Olive Oil (extra virgin) is quite good,but it dont have as high of smoke point as canola & others,its best for shallow sauteeing/frying.

Though at least 1/2 the time I'll use it on popcorn instead of melted butter - 2-3 tablespoons stirred & mixed well,then add a few shakes of coarse garlic powder & dried Italian herbs.Shake again & enjoy.Its awesome if I do say so myself. :coolgrin:
  4. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    i think the big question is "is she caught daily" eating a big ol greasy cheeseburger?

i mean who dont on occasion endulge, ive seen where the first lady has had the occasional burger even though she is working on dropping health foods on the unsuspecting munchkins going to public schools. so what? im not begrudging her that, i do it myself on occasion, the big deal is folks who "subsist" on nothing else. it aint healthy to eat just this kind of food.

i for one do not think nutrition alone is the sole reason for obesity in the population though its is a contributing factor. think those of you who are like me and can remember when entertainment was a ball of some sort. nowadays you just dont see the kids chasing a ball in the yard like you did when i was one of them. now its sit on the couch and work your thumbs watching a tv screen. kids just flat out do not get the exercise they used to , couple that to premade foods and high fructose corn syrup in everything ingested and you have the total recipie for packing on the pounds. i agree with a lot of the ideals that our first lady is championing not all of it but most, i applaud her for her efforts. i really wish the other side of the overweight youth epidemic were equally addressed. get the kids outside and get em running, playing actively instead of "virtually" make em healthy early on and those habits both nutritionally and activity based will stay with them through adulthood with a much larger percentage of people
  5. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    I'm glad that someone asked since I also had no idea of who she was . . . heck I suspect I could walk right by a lot of "stars" on the street if they were alone and wouldn't recognize them.
  6. billb3

billb3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE Mass
    I know I have ( at least in an airport)
    Without all the make-up and air brushing they look like regular old ugly people.