1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

This looks like a Fisher Stove?

Post in 'Fisher Stove Information, Parts, History and More' started by 930dreamer, Oct 9, 2013.

1. 930dreamer

930dreamer Member

Loc:
    Amarillo, TX
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Lots of stoves looked like fishers. Maybe Coaly can identify from this alone but the doors should put the question to bed.

For 65 bucks, that unit would need to have every weld checked, all sides checked for warpage, firebrick most likely replaced, make certain the insurance company is OK with covering the home once installed, and if that fails, you'd probably get about that in scrap value I'd guess.

pen
  3. 930dreamer

930dreamer Member

Loc:
    Amarillo, TX
    I contacted the seller, waiting for more pics and if it has Fisher on the doors.
  4. 930dreamer

930dreamer Member

Loc:
    Amarillo, TX
    The seller thinks the doors say Fisher. It has a crack in the back and I'm not sure this would be a deal or not? I'm still mad I didn't get the Bicentennial Fisher early this summer.
  5. CamFan

CamFan Member

Loc:
    North East Georgia
    If you look at the ash fender it has the channel around it. That was not easy to do I would say it was a fisher. Just for that. People copied fisher all the time, but I do not remember anyone coping that part. If your buy it and want to put a new back in let me know. I can talk you through it.