this may be a stupid question but......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
i have a harman accentra (freestanding) i am under the impression that i can put it on a rug as long as i have the plate thingy that goes with it (iron hearth)
is this true? i know it would be better to have a larger hearth pad but am i reading this thing wrong?

Yep but only with the Accentra.. My brother in law has the FS accentra and it is in his dining room on the cast plate on wall to wall carpet.....
If it were me I would still have a pad..... like Anton said...
It's not just the mess factor though when you scrape the burn pot (aggressivly) sometimes you'll find hot clinkers falling outside the stove and these will at the very least melt the fibers of your carpet...

Personally I find burn hole in the rug very unattractive. Call them pot holes ,sink holes It happens so fast before you can respond the damage is done.
Never mind that one that gets away and leaves a golf ball size void

I can't recall a time I've opened my pellet stove door with the unit in operation. I always shut it down, then clean it. Maybe others have a different process.

Status
Not open for further replies.