This years porch setup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
I load up my porch with about a cord of wood at a time, the racks are 12' x 4' and the other is 5'x5', this setup will generally hold me about 20 - 25 days during our extreme "Polar Vortex" hide from everything winter we are having
IMG_0652.JPG

Were you is? What kinna stove ya burning? How many cord ya burn in a regular season?

Nnj... Running a us stove 2500

Ahhh I see. You folks up there in the frozen northeast have taken a beating this winter. Here in Northern Kentucky we've had the worst winter in 25 or so years, but nothing like the stuff you folks have. Even with this winter I'll burn less than 4 cord and that heating 100% with wood.

I am also a 100% wood heater, this is a good test year for me, all in all I think I'm going to be about 6 cord this winter, hopefully we defrost at the end of March, The nice thing now, is even know that it is cold, when your in the sun you definitely feel the rays getting stronger, good luck with the rest of the season

Welcome to the forum Kenny.

Nice stacks on the porch and it sounds like you don't have to refill very often. But 6 cord is a lot of wood! Hopefully as you go you will have drier wood and won't have to burn that much. We used to burn an old Ashley stove and did burn 6 cord or more but when we updated to the Woodstock Fireview we now burn only around 3 cord per winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.