Thoughts from a "newbie"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lundrunner

Nov 19, 2013
Flint Michigan
Hello all....and thanks for the countless hours of reading (learning) that has taken place over the last couple of weeks.

A month ago, after talking about it for a couple of years, decided we were going to put an insert into the living room fireplace. After researching units until my brain hurt we found our baby...or so I thought...until my brain hurt some more. Looking at the layout of the house and the 2800 sq ft I wanted to heat (ranch), the living room would have been unbearable so the search went on again for a free standing stove....see we had this 2 year old 640 ft addition sitting there doing NOTHING...time to go to work.

We found a Blaze king dealer, ordered our new Princess, set an install date, found 8 cords of 2 yr old split oak, guy was moving and had no use for it ...yea me!....until I had to move it all...by myself, and we were off to the races.

So here it is 2 weeks after installation (and use) and I couldn't be happier. I have made some good moves in my life....and some not so, but this one will be hard to beat. The ease of use of this unit is remarkable, even though I am still learning....and will always be, this unit has made the transition to burning wood an easy one. I have been tracking stove top and pipe temps every step of the way with an Raytek IR pyrometer, which fostered many questions about safe and max temps...and answered very quickly by both BK and Duravent, thank you very much to both companies!

I keep the house pretty warm as as we have a 31 yr old daughter who is both mentally and physically handicapped...now the wife can't tell if it's the stove kicking that heat or a hot flash....so my burn times are running in the 8-10 hour range....80-85 in the stove room, 75 in the kitchen/dining room and 72 in the living room,
and if we leave our bedroom door open it will get up to 70....waaaay to hot to sleep ...especially with a wife that uh...uh...never mind....I want to live through the night.

So anyway....thanks for letting me bend your ear and thanks again for the best web site on planet earth....

God Bless

Dan

Attachments

• 20131211_183201.jpg
    20131211_183201.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 146
Very nice! I like the rustic wood cart - is it functional for moving wood or just a decorative holding area?

It just sits there and looks pretty...but holds a couple of days worth of wood. I was going to get a wrought iron holding stand and then I remembered I had this in the basement....works perfect.

BK should use that pic in a brochure!

Status
Not open for further replies.