Thoughts On PE Super Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
Today I looked at the PE Super Insert and received a quote of $2144 which includes the surround, blower and standard black door. It's a good lookin insert and I'm on the prowl for something in my burnt out fireplace. Does anyone know if the exhaust collar is removable for easier installation, didn't see anything in the manual?

No, not removable flue collar. Bafffle inside removes easy and makes tight installs easier by being able to reach up thru the stove and grapple w/ a liner. BTW you'll love that stove. Never had a customer who didn't.

I like how it sits out 5" on the hearth so you have a place for a thermometer and also some radiant heat. The N/S loading would be nice as well.

But Todd, it is a non-cat! :ahhh:

BrotherBart said:
But Todd, it is a non-cat! :ahhh:

I know I know, but I can't find any medium sized cat inserts around here. I'd like a Blaze King but this insert will only be heating 1000 sq ft on my main floor and be a secondary heat source to my Fireview in the basement. The fireplace is shot but I still want fire there so it's time to take advantage of the tax credit. The wife wants to keep the fireplace look, so no hearth stove otherwise I'd modify the brick and install another Woodstock.

I hear great things about the PE Super so maybe we will see how it compares to a similar sized cat stove? Tom the chimney sweep will be proud and have more bullets for his cat vs non cat debate.

I have the older "Pacific" model. Despite some issues (probably a manufacturing problem), I am pretty happy with it and they do have a good warranty. I would buy a stove from PE again.

Sisu said:
I have the older "Pacific" model. Despite some issues (probably a manufacturing problem), I am pretty happy with it and they do have a good warranty. I would buy a stove from PE again.

What were the issues?

Todd said:
BrotherBart said:
Todd said:
Sisu said:

What were the issues?

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/42141/

Oh yeah, now I remember.

For those who are curious, I will inspect, photograph and post the condition of the repairs when I am ready to sweep the chimney. Hopefully, the burn season is over until next fall. This year I think I burned more wood in May than April.

Sisu said:
Todd said:
BrotherBart said:
Todd said:
Sisu said:

What were the issues?

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/42141/

Oh yeah, now I remember.

For those who are curious, I will inspect, photograph and post the condition of the repairs when I am ready to sweep the chimney. Hopefully, the burn season is over until next fall. This year I think I burned more wood in May than April.

You know we are all curious. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.