Thoughts on this deal and installation help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie 08

Jan 3, 2008
Central Indiana
Thinking about moving on a deal from chimney liner depot. 1700 for drolet 1400-i insert plus liner kit with free shipping. I think I should be able to get all night burns with this stove. Anyone have any feedback on this unit or better yet anyone who took them up on this deal? Also, could someone provide step by step instructions with pointers on how to instal a liner. Are the flex king liners pretty good? Thanks again for the help.

OK. Ya got me curious. Isn't that about the same price as you would pay if you went down to Lowe's and ordered a 13NCI and then ordered a liner kit from Chimney Liner Depot? The reason I ask is because spec wise they are pretty much the same insert. But with the 13 if you have a problem when it comes in you just haul it back to Lowe's and they hand you your money back or get you another one. Whichever you want. If you buy one from an Internet vendor then heaven only knows what happens if there is a problem.

I don't sell stoves and care not which one you buy but I am just curious why you would buy one from a liner peddler who is just gonna have it drop shipped from a distributor to you.

The only advantage I saw to that over the englander is that it has a heat activated blower. If the fire goes out or cools of it the middle of the night the blower goes off whereas the englander keeps blowing cold air at that point. Actually, I think Mike mentioned that I should talk to you about a set up you got to add a heat activation part to your system. Care to elaborate?

Ok, thanks for the instructions. Does not really sound that hard but from those of you who know more then I do, how hard is it to install and the insert and insulate/install the liner? Also, how safe is it? After finishing should I have someone come out and look at it to verify it is safe? What about insurace coverage for self install?

Status
Not open for further replies.