Thread full of useless information- Do not read

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen them talked about on herr. Dont know if anyone has one. I use the corner doorway fans and just got one of the through the wall fans (someone posted a link in a thread about 2 weeks back) Less than $50 for the fan and then $27 for the wall switch..

The corner fans work pretty good ( for me they do, some here hate them) I am only installing one of the through the wall units until I see how well it works. If it works as good or better than my Corner fans, then I will buy 2 more and finish doing the other 2 bedrooms. They look a little cleaner and no cords is going to be nice...

I would be willing to buy one of these Airshare units if they work as well as they say... My daughters room really needs something with more flow (she is getting the 1st through the wall fan) as its the furthest from the heat.

Here is to hoping someone has one installed and can give us an honest review.

thx for the bump.

I prefer the look of these over the round thru wall types.

smoke show said:
thx for the bump.....

Yep... I have been watching... Interested myself. I looked at the fan and switch when I got home. Its a Broan Fan and Switch.. Its actually pretty nice. I am going to paint the face of it (pink, daughters room color) . I will start a thread when I get it done..

Been working 7 days a week 10 hrs a day for what seems like Forever..... Have to work straight through again this weekend. I am at my Sons football practice now. Every day except Tues he has practice, Tues is Boy Scouts, Football games on Sat... So even the rare Sunday off, I have 10 acres to tend to (grass, landscaping, etc).. Cant find time for anything lately.

Thank God for my phone... I had a Blackberry for yrs. Worked well and made many posts here with it. But having the Driod Bionic makes it 10 times worse. 4G LTE speed is amazing. Takes about a half second to load any page.... I am lost without my phone....

Installed the fan and ran the wires last night. Have to mount the switch and I will post photos. Might be tomorrow. Try to do it tonight. But I wont get home till after 5. I have not forgot about you.
p.S. dont buy there switch. Cost 10x what one at the store does and does not have a ground on it. I am using a plastic box, so I need a ground to the switch.

j-takeman said:
What cha need a ground fur! %-P

The switch they recommend buying (also a Broan switch/same as fan) is a very cheap flimsy switch. Made in Hong Kong with the most generic parts. Instructions for the wiring diagram show a ground cable, Nope.... Aint one. Then it says to use the Box. Then goes further saying you can use a Plastic box (which is what I got) Never seen plastic as a ground???? Some companies are ridiculous.

Anyways. I am stopping at HD on the way home. For 2 reasons. One being the switch and two, I called and asked how much there pellets were.... $177 a ton. She didnt know what they were. But we have never had any Stove Chow around here and many HD's in Pa do have them. Keeping my fingers crossed..

DexterDay said:
j-takeman said:

The switch they recommend buying (also a Broan switch/same as fan) is a very cheap flimsy switch. Made in Hong Kong with the most generic parts. Instructions for the wiring diagram show a ground cable, Nope.... Aint one. Then it says to use the Box. Then goes further saying you can use a Plastic box (which is what I got) Never seen plastic as a ground???? Some companies are ridiculous.

Anyways. I am stopping at HD on the way home. For 2 reasons. One being the switch and two, I called and asked how much there pellets were.... $177 a ton. She didnt know what they were. But we have never had any Stove Chow around here and many HD's in Pa do have them. Keeping my fingers crossed..

You don't have enough yet? :roll:

They are on the rise here Lowes/TSC are now $224/ton. HD is still holding at $197/ton. Pellet house's have climded quite a bit and out of several brands.

j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:
j-takeman said:

You don't have enough yet? :roll:

They are on the rise here Lowes/TSC are now $224/ton. HD is still holding at $197/ton. Pellet house's have climded quite a bit and out of several brands.

Nope. Never have enough. With the pellet stove in the shop and the Fahrenheit going in within the next week or two, I planned on cutting my consumption with the woodstove. But now I may burn the same 4 tons I have been, just in 3 stoves. So consumption isnt cut, its just spread out over 3 stoves now.

Also found Green Supremes last week. I am hoping there is an influx of new brands in our area.

HD has pellets (dont know brand yet) for $177
Menards has them for $175 / Somersets

j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:

What? and your still looking around. Heck of a pellet for that kind of money IMHO! Wanna trade??

Trade?? Trade pellets?? Or stoves (Fahrenheit/Omega)...... "Road Trip" LOL.

Yes Somersets are the best pellet in my area. Had I known that they were gonna be this cheap again this yr, I would have 9 ton of them in my basement. I just traded a ton (random 50 bags/selection) of my pellets for a ton of Somersets from my buddy (forum member barnyard 840x) because I like them so much.

DexterDay said:
j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:

What? and your still looking around. Heck of a pellet for that kind of money IMHO! Wanna trade??

Trade?? Trade pellets?? Or stoves (Fahrenheit/Omega)...... "Road Trip" LOL.

Yes Somersets are the best pellet in my area. Had I known that they were gonna be this cheap again this yr, I would have 9 ton of them in my basement. I just traded a ton (random 50 bags/selection) of my pellets for a ton of Somersets from my buddy (forum member barnyard 840x) because I like them so much.

I meant pellets. LOL :lol: hehe. But the stove/furnace trade would be a sweet deal for me. Unfortunately we have grown very fond of the Omega. I know its ins and outs(not many)! Fahrenheit would be a new learning curve and I would have a hard time getting the boss to part with the only thing that truely has kept us comfy so far.

now back to our regularly scheduled program!

Something about some picture for smoke show?? hehe! :cheese:

There coming.... Remember. . . .

Patiently ...... lol

All posts are coming from phone. Be home in a bit and have to finish it up. Posts tonight with Adult beverages, still to come... Oh and Pics

Train wreck.

Attachments

• Thread-Direction.jpg
    Thread-Direction.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 342
Here they are.. Also a pic of the new board for the Fahrenheit... Didnt pick up the switch I wanted. Gonna stop at the local hardware store tomorrow. Although I did grab 5 bags of AWF's... New batch and had to try.. At $3.50 (something) a bag..

Its a Broan 90 CFM through the wall fan. Still needs a switch. But I cant make you wait any more.... You have been patient enough.

Thanks for putting up with me Smoke Show... Saw the name of the Thread changed.. Ouch. My Bad......

Attachments

• Broan Fan 1.jpg
    Broan Fan 1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 344
  • Broan Fan 2.jpg
    Broan Fan 2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 340
  • Broan Fan 3.jpg
    Broan Fan 3.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 342
  • Broan Fan 4.jpg
    Broan Fan 4.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 327
  • Broan Fan 6.jpg
    Broan Fan 6.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 338
  • Broan Fan 7.jpg
    Broan Fan 7.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 345
  • 1 Control Board.jpg
    1 Control Board.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 351
just f'in wit ya.

Dale jr.?

thx for pics.

I expected it to be down low blowing towards stove.

actually think I got it from this site.

Its in my pic file for future reference.

Was gonna install the 1st one in my daughters room. But her door stays open. My Son likes to close his. So he asked if he could have the 1st one.. He is a big Dale Jr fan. I am a Matt Kenseth kinda guy. I love Ford Trucks and Love Dewalt Tools...

I put it up High and blowing "INTO" his room. (against everything here/ cold air to hot, I know). Our house has One large cold air return in the center of the house. Although we dont use the furnace, because of that. There are large gaps at the bottoms of the doors. So my thought is to Blow hot air up top and force the cold air out the bottom.....

Sorry it took so long. I knew you were joking. There was thread earlier that I had to just walk away from... Ugh. You can tell when someone is joking and someone is stubborn. Believe you seen it (Quad not lighting after 3 attempts)

DexterDay said:
Was gonna install the 1st one in my daughters room. But her door stays open. My Son likes to close his. So he asked if he could have the 1st one.. He is a big Dale Jr fan. I am a Matt Kenseth kinda guy. I love Ford Trucks and Love Dewalt Tools...

I put it up High and blowing "INTO" his room. (against everything here/ cold air to hot, I know). Our house has One large cold air return in the center of the house. Although we dont use the furnace, because of that. There are large gaps at the bottoms of the doors. So my thought is to Blow hot air up top and force the cold air out the bottom.....

Sorry it took so long. I knew you were joking. There was thread earlier that I had to just walk away from... Ugh. You can tell when someone is joking and someone is stubborn. Believe you seen it (Quad not lighting after 3 attempts)

Yep, I saw it.

Your son has better taste then you. ;-)

If the door stays closed then it needs to be that way.

thx again.

[quote author="DexterDay" date="1318829387 There was thread earlier that I had to just walk away from... Ugh. You can tell when someone is joking and someone is stubborn. Believe you seen it (Quad not lighting after 3 attempts)[/quote]

Yes Mr Dexter you were being downright stubborn as you didn't have a clue what you were talking about with that stove and if you would read the post it DIDN'T say it wouldn't light after 3 trys. If you would read the posts with a more open mind and actually read them you might learn something. Scimming doesn't usually alllow a person to pick up all that was said. Closed minds are a terrible thing, so are know it alls.

Are you gonna rehash this on each post? If you wish to continue with this bring it on. Maybe start another thread so that the members don't have to read it if they don't want.

You know what your not worth the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.