Throw away your chainsaws The JAWSAW is here!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwood

Dec 3, 2009
Watched an add for this "saw" on TV last night. Any one else seen this thing. I'll just keep my Stihls thank you.

I like it, using a saw for brush or small brances IS a pain.

But my Stihl isn't going anywhere!

I saw that a few weeks ago. If you google it, it actually gets good reviews. Seems to be alright for what it was designed for, and likely a lot safer, too.

Yeah I saw that while flipping through channels . . . absolutely useless for most of us.

haha I'd burn that up in 2 days max. Branches,limbs & small saplings up to 4" I cut to length with 21yr old Delta Mitersaw w/ cast iron base.Not lightweight but that's why its still here & not in the county landfill.Much faster than any chainsaw because of 40 tooth carbide blade w/ 1/8" kerf.

I'm usually the 1st to jump all over another Ronco lookin piece of homeowner junk but it looks handy if you keep it in perspective for a little light pruning. Wouldn't take it to a job site.

They will sell millions of those. Wish I came up with it?

everything has a use to someone, after all
I bought the MS990 with a 48 inch bar so I
would not have to bend over to cut up brush
I am a genius...............

ironpony said:

That would be such a back saver not having to bend over so much- LOL

Adios Pantalones said:
ironpony said:

That would be such a back saver not having to bend over so much- LOL

While toting a 60 pound saw and bar... :lol:

But wait, if you order one now you will get an additional one for $9.99 plus shipping, handling and processing fees. Operators are standing by. :lol:

It would probably be good for me when I am doing some pruning around the yard. A 60 pound chainsaw is a bit heavy for me since it is half of my body weight. :-S

I like this, I would consider picking one up for cleanup if it didn't need to be plugged in to an outlet.

Does someone know what kind of chain this is? Think it is a standard chain or something only the manufacture supplies?

Attachments

• DCE69543.jpg
    DCE69543.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 237
This thing prolly weighs more than a top handle, is out of balance horribly when you cut 12' off the ground (wanna bet you can only do that if yer +6' and fully extend your arms?) and is unsafe as hell . . . what happens when ya step on the cord??? :bug:

Not face cord

Status
Not open for further replies.