Thru-wall pellet vent kit @ TSC - $150!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

R9R

Apr 26, 2016
Eastern Ohio
Looks like a good deal, Randy. Thanks for sharing.

Haven't used DuraVent in years, but other members like it. You may have to tape the joints to completely seal them against minor leakage. Doesn't look like it has the OAK. If you need OAK, then you may want to get the system that incorporates the outside air intake into the thimble. Saves you from drilling another hole in the wall.

Good call Vinny. Haven't settled on a stove as yet. Some come with. I'll just have to evaluate once we get that far. If nothing else figure I should be able to resell or return. :)

Don't be the guy that collects pellet vent kits. Not pretty.

You must be leaning towards pellets or why buy a piece of pellet vent ?

Not planning a collection lol. Yes leaning toward pellet. Working full time with an hour commute I'm not sure I'd be up to wood. Later when circumstances change maybe revisit, but that's where we're at for now. FWIW I've learned a lot here and feel like I can at least make an educated decision thanks to all of you.

Reason why they are on sell for that price is because they won't be making that kind of vent pipe anymore,they are switching over to pellet vent pro which has the seals inside the pipe.I picked up a kit for that price a few months ago too and went one step farther and used scotchbrite on it and rubbed it down with acetone and then painted with high temp black flame proof paint from auto parts store.I don't really mind duravent pipe as long as you use silicon on inside of vent pipe.

Reactions: vinny11950