Tight thermostat knob

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jesepi

Nov 19, 2021
NW Pennsylvania
Hello all,
The thermostat knob on my Ashford 30.2a Is very tight when I turn it. It seems like it is dragging on something.
It will go from 6:00 {high} down to about 3:00 {low}. Can I take the cover off the thermostat and look in and see if
it's rubbing somewhere ?

Thanks,
Don

Hello all,
The thermostat knob on my Ashford 30.2a Is very tight when I turn it. It seems like it is dragging on something.
It will go from 6:00 {high} down to about 3:00 {low}. Can I take the cover off the thermostat and look in and see if
it's rubbing somewhere ?

Thanks,
Don
Common issue, not sure why. Remove the screws for the thermostat cover, and use a toothpick to apply a small amount of antisieze compound to the friction washer. You'll know what I mean when you get the cover off.

What's always been odd about this is that one application of antisieze seems to last several years, yet many of us have issues with our t'stat knob getting stiff within a year or two of getting the stove. Maybe there's a reason BK isn't using antisieze on these things at the factory?

Reactions: Highbeam