Tillamook Air Museum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
#2 - Stumped on this one. Have to research.

IMGP5827.JPG

Nord Noralpha You got me doing some research .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nord_Noralpha

Reactions: jharkin
Looking at the length of the fuselage nose, bet that thing had quiet the motor and again looking at how streamlined the rest of the canopy is ,, I'll bet that had quite the cruise speed for a single engine plane.. Sharp!

Reading the wiki on it was interesting - a French built copy of a Messerschmitt Bf.108 - now that's weird.

If any of you have seen the movie The Great Escape, the Bf.108 is the plane that James Garner's character tried to fly to Switzerland in...

Reading the wiki on it was interesting - a French built copy of a Messerschmitt Bf.108 - now that's weird.

If any of you have seen the movie The Great Escape, the Bf.108 is the plane that James Garner's character tried to fly to Switzerland in...
Whoops, should have read the Wiki!

HH, if you enjoyed the Tillamook Air Museum, I think you would REALLY enjoy the Evergreen Air & Space Museum in McMinnville, OR which isn't too far from Tillamook. They have the Spruce Goose there. http://www.evergreenmuseum.org/

Guy named Jack Erickson owns the collection of WWII aircraft housed in the blimp hangar in Tillamook. He's also founder of Erickson Aero Tanker and has purchased a number of MD-87 passenger planes from a Spanish airline to convert to tankers for forest fire service. He's basing the whole operation in Madras Oregon, where the first two MD-87's are now. His ultimate plan includes moving his historic collection from Tillamook into a new display facility at the Madras airport, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.