Time Boogies On

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed just picked up his new Hearthstone Mansfield, to be installed by his grandsons.

As I'm thanking him for the business, he says, "You know, I bought my last stove here, 30 years ago."

I say, "That's how we make the big money, Ed. Every 30 years, like clockwork, I get to sell you another stove."

Ed says, "Oh, it wasn't you sold it to me. It was a young, skinny feller with a brown pony tail."

I feel so old...

Sounds like time for getting in the magic bus and a having a long roadtrip.

Pick me up along the way!

30 years ago I had just gotten out of diapers.

in 30 years I'll probably be gettin back into them

thechimneysweep said:
Ed just picked up his new Hearthstone Mansfield, to be installed by his grandsons.

As I'm thanking him for the business, he says, "You know, I bought my last stove here, 30 years ago."

I say, "That's how we make the big money, Ed. Every 30 years, like clockwork, I get to sell you another stove."

Ed says, "Oh, it wasn't you sold it to me. It was a young, skinny feller with a brown pony tail."

I feel so old...

Speaking of the Mansfield, any word on when/if Hearthstone will update the design to match the rest of their model line?

30 years ago we were just getting a wood stove installed in Mom's house. My uncle used to take us out on Saturdays to gather, cut and split wood. We would have to stack it in the back. We used to fill the wood rack inside daily from the wood pile by passing it through the window - 2 of us outside and one inside putting the wood in the rack.

My kids are lucky to have me as the work horse but I am training them slowly but surely.

I'm an old pudgy guy with a brown pony tail (liberally mixed with very distinguished streaks of gray). 30 years ago I was 11 years into my Navy career, so no pony tail back then. %-P Rick

Ha, dye your hair and lose some weight! Maybe it's time to retire?

Todd said:

I will never dye my hair, I like the way it looks. I'm not seriously overweight. I retired 10+ years ago. Application to begin receiving Social Security payments goes in just about 6 weeks from today. After 30+ years in uniform, I decided I wanted to see what my hair looked like before it all fell out. Haven't been in a barbershop since sometime in late 1999. I'm not complainin', just sayin'. :lol: Rick

30 years ago I had hair, lots of it. Now it's just token. And 30 yrs ago my kids were just a maybe. Now, they're drinking beer with me.

fossil said:
Todd said:

I will never dye my hair, I like the way it looks. I'm not seriously overweight. I retired 10+ years ago. Application to begin receiving Social Security payments goes in just about 6 weeks from today. After 30+ years in uniform, I decided I wanted to see what my hair looked like before it all fell out. Haven't been in a barbershop since sometime in late 1999. I'm not complainin', just sayin'. :lol: Rick

Actually I was talking about Tom, but I guess you fit the bill as well. :lol:

Todd said:
...Actually I was talking about Tom, but I guess you fit the bill as well. :lol:

Ah...got it. Nevermind. I'm not Tom's attorney, so I can't speak for him. :lol: Rick

BeGreen said:
30 years ago I had hair, lots of it. Now it's just token. And 30 yrs ago my kids were just a maybe. Now, they're drinking beer with me.

Yeah, 30 years ago I had a good deal more hair growing, but couldn't ever see more than about ¾" of it because of my chosen line of work. Now my forehead is well on its way to meeting the back of my neck. But I still kind of get a kick outta my pony tail. My only child (daughter) is married and just finished her Master's in Math. Gonna hook up with them out on the Oregon coast this weekend. Yes, time most certainly does boogie on. Rick

Rick did the same thing I did. Except that I have a full head of thick hair. The day I retired I quit getting haircuts. Corporate America ain't any easier on haircuts than the military. When it got to shoulder length I started having it trimmed. A few weeks ago I had it cut back to just to the top of the ears and hate it. Ain't gonna happen again.

I am working on being the replacement for George Jones. The Silver Fox.

Todd said:

The hair is the exact color of wood ash: accentuates my surfer's tan.

Working on the weight, but it seems that with time the waistline, like the plot, thickens.

Retire? Who's going to sell Ed his next stove?

I realized the other day that my 66 year old father may actually have more hair than me! Since ponytails are not my thing, I will be going with the military cut from here on in.

BeGreen said:
It's an interesting phenomenon, BG. My eldest is now 21, and we just finished a week's tour of parts of Germany and Austria, sampling the beers and wines as well as the scenery and culture. Strange how she grew from a little baby to a young woman while I didn't get any older at all. ;-)

Tom, I hope your time continues to "boogie on" and that your coffers expand with sales more frequent than once in thirty years. :coolsmile: The sun glasses are intended to protect your eyes when beaching at Lake Whatcom to tune-up your surfer's tan. John_M

Status
Not open for further replies.