Time for a New Stihl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Underblog

Jan 21, 2012
Burntside Lake, MN
I have an MS310, which I like. However, I need another chainsaw for the cabin, where I will be cutting firewood (birch, aspen) and nuisance trees (mostly balsam fir). I could use a bit more power than the 310 provides; does a 341 make sense for my needs?

Eric W

Albuquerque / Minnesota

The 362 gets you into a pro saw. It will be better power to weight ratio and a few other things that go along with the pro series. It will get you a little more power (about 1/2 hp in your situation) at a little less weight - anti vibe, etc.

Are your trees at the cabin considerably larger than what you're cutting with your current saw? My main saw is 60-ish cc, like yours, and it's cutting 24" pine like nothing. Oak takes a little more snort, but birch and fir should be no trouble at all, unless you need to run quite a large bar, because of size. YMMV, due to circumstance, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.