Time for a shell run

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Well the nut crops are all in now and the plant is running full speed.

Monday the weather is supposed to be dry, so its off to the nut plant to get a truckload of shells for the winter supply.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS going to get about 5 tons this time and stuff everything I have in the way of a container chuck butt full.

I got 10 clean 55 gallon drums a month or so ago, so added to what I already have, I can store about 5 tons.

I want to try and go back once more near the end of Feb or early March and get enough to fill everything up really good for the start of next fall.

This season I started out with most of our storage empty.

Had a small amount left from last season, but not a lot.

Last season was a short season on nuts with the plant all finished by early January.

I am into some stuff now that is very small pieces (crushed material) and it makes a lot more ashes than I like.

Still heats ok, just more work for me to do..

Snowy

snowy we pay somebody to get rid of 275 gallon totes. wish i could send them your way.

what does it cost u for the shells a ton?

Status
Not open for further replies.