Time to calm down a little - rant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part of this whole mess is that NOW the pellet SELLERS know what you are willing to pay! $8 -$10 a bag.

As for the guys going nuts to get a bag of pellets, imagine what's going to happen when the grid goes down, all electronic banking goes bye bye, charge cards don't work, gas stations don't work, and your family is hungry. What do you think those same nuts will be doing then?

This is the time of the year when I typically go looking for pellets for the next year- I get a good idea of what prices will be per ton, I get a good idea of what local shops will offer for "pre-buy" deals, and I scout local Big Box stores who just want to get the excess inventory off of their floors. I also look on Craigslist for people who are selling their stash because they've bought a new heat pump or they've decided that they hate pellet stoves or whatever.

a. There is no excess inventory- it appears to be all gone.
b. Nobody wants to haggle.
c. Haven't heard a word out of *anybody* about pre-buys for next year.
d. There are a couple of people on Craigslist who want $9 and $10 a bag for Turmans. I love me some Turmans, but at $9-10/bag, I'll just run the natural gas furnace, thanks.

Wow.

tjnamtiw, yeah, I know. :(

As for the guys going nuts to get a bag of pellets, imagine what's going to happen when the grid goes down, all electronic banking goes bye bye, charge cards don't work, gas stations don't work, and your family is hungry. What do you think those same nuts will be doing then?

Very good point most people don't think about and believe it could'nt happen to them even if they are warned about the possibility.

Those nuts getting pissed at others because they did'nt secure enough pellets early on will be looting pellets and supplies in the scenario you speak of - but NOT from the legal gun owning so called nutjobs;)

Last edited:
Whats my Lee Energy's worth, make me a offer, have 46 bag's

Politicians are more concerned about voting against each other based on party affiliation ,

I respectfully disagree. With a few notable exceptions, politicians on both sides of the isle are ONLY concerned with getting re-elected, maintaining power and enriching themselves. I know the NSA is reading this as I type, but I am sure they already know what I think!

Reactions: tjnamtiw
I have enough I was just telling Hoss that it is not just media bs.
At woodpellets dot com yes you can order pellets but have to
buy a certain amount and it takes 2-3 weeks so not really a
solution for the folks who need heat now.
Yes you have to buy in pallet increments but I am getting my shipment in less than 10 days.

We had a winter like this a few years back.

We were still using all pellets, and they got scarce.
Local big box was out, farm store was out, a local lawn and garden shop ran around and bought up everything they could, jacked the price into the ozones, then advertised 1 ton limit.

It gets better, when you get there the limit is 2 bags. AARRRRRRGH.

MANY very unhappy customers.

I refused to buy the 2 bags, then posted a newspaper add telling the true story.

Found another farm store that had plenty of bedding pellets cheap, and burned those.

The following season we were fully operational on shells

easy now, I might just be one of those "right wing nut jobs" after all I own a gun and burn pellets .

difference is though , I make sure I prebuy enough to cover a hard winter and when I have a really hard one I have traditional heat to fall back on.
no need to start the political BS. we get too much of that to start with

Yeah !!
It was a joke, I protect myself and burn pellets as-well..........

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Sometimes it's hard to mind your own business, especially when some jerk is giving a female a hard time. Big tough guy yelling at a girl right? But you never know now a days who just might pull out a gun over something as dumb as wood pellets. Whenever I want to get involved I think of the wife and kids and ask myself is it worth it? Usually the answer is no.

Sometimes it's hard to mind your own business, especially when some jerk is giving a female a hard time. Big tough guy yelling at a girl right? But you never know now a days who just might pull out a gun over something as dumb as wood pellets. Whenever I want to get involved I think of the wife and kids and ask myself is it worth it? Usually the answer is no.

Well said......

im hip, yeah its pretty lame doing that especially since the girl getting yelled at probably had nothing at all to do with the policy to start with. it happens quite a but , ive seen people just unload n a poor cashier in a checkout line because they didn't get the 10 cents off for an item because the coupon wasn't valid or something like that. almost ended up ni a fistfight at our local grocery over an incident like that , was in line behind the azzhat I offered to pay the difference if he was so worried about what I think was 35 cents, guy swelled up like he was gonna swing at me. im thinking "go ahead ya jerk" but at least it got him off the poor little high school age girl he was lambasting over a coupon that was long since expired. guy looked at the change I had tossed on the conveyor looked at me ,paid, took his groceries and stomped off. jerk, I got applause and pocketed the change I had offered him.

Status
Not open for further replies.