Tips on putting a OAK in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisf

Jun 25, 2009
upstate NY 12025
Well I am looking at putting in two OAK kits in the house for my stoves. Both stoves are horizantel exhausts with a foot of pipe on the outside of the house how close can I put the OAK to the vent pipe on the outside. Also can someone tell me where to get the 3" OAK for my lopi lyden. The simpson OAK is only a 2" intake pipe, which will work on my old style MT.Veronon.
Chris

I use a Selkirk vent that has a built-in OAK that runs around the outside of the exhaust...so my OAK is 1/8" away from the vent!

My wall thimble came with an OAK already in it. It is pretty close to the exhaust pipe. Maybe 1/4 inch

Hello

The 3" aluminum vent piping can easily be purchased at home depot or Lowes. I just bought some 4" elbows and flex piping (Right next to the 3") to OAK up my new FHW boiler. The OAK for my pellet stove worked so well, I am doing it for the boiler !!
See >> https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/58408/

Thanks guys for the help.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.