TL300 Top Door Gear Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkalmey

Nov 2, 2008
NW Pa
I just started the second season with Harman TL300 and the top door gears are misaligned. Is anyone else having this issue? The damper gear is loose enough that it slides off of the door gears and then the door won't open at all and the damper won't work. I was able to align them and it worked for awhile but then came loose again. We are trying to get the dealer to come inspect it, but I'm not sure how it could be fixed. The rod on the damper is just loose and moves back and forth too much for the gears to stay together.

I just looked at mine and it dosn't line up good as the other set of gears, but still works fine, although this is my first year using the stove and it sounds like yours was fine the first year. I did have a problem with one of the nuts on one of the other gears coming loose and I could not close the top door. I tightned the nut up and have not had a problem since. Not to state the obvious but there are set screws on the gear that appear to connect it to the rod. There is also a adjustment on the inside of the stove that controlls the tension that the rod puts on the door. I'm sure you already knew this, and this is not the problem but figured I'd mention. Please let us know how it gets fixed.

Mike

Thanks Uptrapper. I was unaware of the set screws on the rod for the flue - that is exactly what the dealer had to adjust to solve our problem when he came out today. I don't recall seeing them mentioned in the user's manual. He also adjusted (tightened) the handle with a nut inside the firebox.

I noticed the set screws while inspecting the mechanism when the other gear came loose for me, there are quite a few I found out on here that I wish were in the manual. I also adjusted the tension on the damper door after I ran the stove a few times. Glad everything worked out and I don't have to worry about a serious problem with my new stove.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.