toasted my drive sprocket - 455 Rancher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said above that I use a 390XP and a 562XP but I just realized that my second saw is actually a 576XP. Too many similar numbers for me to keep straight! Lol

Not sure about why the carb was replaced. The gasket was leaking, so since he had to open it up to replace the gasket, he put new crank bearings in there. That's all I know lol

Saw seems to run good but I haven't cut with it yet. Maybe a little rich right off the trigger though. Seems to four stroke right off the bat but cleans out quickly. With a new carb this may be normal though until it works itself out?

J7art2,

Looks like a good deal if it's running good. Did one of the plastic bearing cages let go?

Why was the carb replaced? Did it have the dreaded "hesitation" issues?
And you forgot to ask if it has the heated grips!! Just kidding ya FB! Lol

I put heated grips on the ATV a few weeks ago and they are very nice to have but since I put them on it has been warm out. Murphy's law.

Ha! His 372's have them. Not this one though.

I think you're right. My first question was "can you turn it off?! That'd suck in the summer!" lol

Yes, you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.