Today buckin with pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Went and cut another load of locust today,and red oak.have to make a trail to get in ,my plan is a load or two a week.Most of the locust is air dried. today cuttin 001.jpgtoday cuttin 002.jpgtoday cuttin 003.jpgtoday cuttin 004.jpgtoday cuttin 005.jpgtoday cuttin 006.jpgView attachment 68235today cuttin 007.jpgtoday cuttin 008.jpg

that dry locust must be rough on chains.

looks pretty dry....nice!

You might consider a "headache" rack for your truck if you continue to stack that high. Last thing you want is a load of wood in the cab of the truck with you if you have to stop short.

Wow, you really pile high on that little trailer! Impressive.

!!, Trailer ;ex Look at the truck. would you follow him down the road ??? :eek: LOL :)

Nice load/loads.
Don't mind the mule, load the wagon"

Looks like pretty dry wood.
Looks like another locust grove growing by your truck. In a few years, more premium wood. ;)

!!, Trailer ;ex Look at the truck. would you follow him down the road ??? :eek: LOL :)

Nice load/loads.
Don't mind the mule, load the wagon"

Looks like pretty dry wood.
Looks like another locust grove growing by your truck. In a few years, more premium wood. ;)
One good thing about cutting here is it's right across the street about 1500 feet from my drive so I don't have to go far. There's literally thousands of young locust trees on this property,enough for the rest of my woodburning career anyway.And yes that dry locust is tough on chains,about one truck load cut and you need to replace em.

Status
Not open for further replies.