today's haul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m0jumb0

Aug 1, 2008
Middle TN
well I put the new atv to work today. got up at 5am, went outside at dawn and started hauling the wood I had bucked last weekend when my "tractor" gave out. got that mostly done by 9, then got back to it at 2 and hauled a bunch of 8-10' logs

the new (to me) atv cooling off
pict2503.jpg

some of the logs I dragged out of the woods
pict2504.jpg

the rest
pict2505.jpg

all ready to split :)
pict2506.jpg

nice piles and the Polaris looks great! Most of that stuff was dead on the ground? or did you have to fall any?

i have permission from the farmer behind me to cut on his land. there are a bunch of tops down from where he had someone come in and log, so i'm working on getting the easy stuff right now... it's *very* steep, and i'm trying to get the stuff that i can get to from my house. the other stuff i'm going to have to get at from his pasture at the bottom of the hill. we live up on top of the hill

Looks like a productive "fun" day at work. Just curious... do these atv vehicles require a break in period like cars? Hopefully you didn't work it too hard too early. Looks like a good friend to have when you'll hauling wood. I'm thinking a mule might be my best option :)

Very nice! You will get many hours of hauling firewood out of your Sportsman. I had a 1998 Sportsman 500 that I bought new. When I traded it in a few years ago, it had over 10,000 miles.

Nice pic's...it's always nice when you mix productivity with pleasure. Just be careful dragging logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.