today's score, too hot to fill the truck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckarotka

Minister of Fire
Sep 21, 2009
Northwest PA on the lake
I made a good contact with a gentleman who's starting to clear some land for a house. His drive is the first step. No access for anything bigger than a wheelbarrow due to neighbors. The area was wet before so after the week of higher than norm temps and little rain I figured today's the day to start scrounging there. Borrowed a dump and went to work on it. The sun got the best of me so I called it quits till we get a cool down at about 1/2-5/8 load.

Attachments

• maple score.jpg
    maple score.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 426
ckarotka said:
I made a good contact with a gentleman who's starting to clear some land for a house. His drive is the first step. No access for anything bigger than a wheelbarrow due to neighbors. The area was wet before so after the week of higher than norm temps and little rain I figured today's the day to start scrounging there. Borrowed a dump and went to work on it. The sun got the best of me so I called it quits till we get a cool down at about 1/2-5/8 load.

Good score, it was hot again up here almost 90 and muggy.

zap

I'm hoping if I take the hard to get stuff now, when he starts clearing the easy to get to stuff I'll have an "in". It was a long push of the wheelbarrow for some maple but it was free and close to home. This guy doesn't seem to be in any kinda hurry. All the trees were down and some were even bucked up, but he said to take it all, so I will.

"It was a long push of the wheelbarrow for some maple ..."

It would've been easier to push that wheelbarrow if you had put the tire back on... :lol:

Great score! I just ran into the same kind of situation. A lady has 25 large trees that were bull dozed. She said that she had one really large oak. Hopefully I don't get stuck with any elm. I need to get to them but I am in school.

Lucky Phil said:
"It was a long push of the wheelbarrow for some maple ..."

It would've been easier to push that wheelbarrow if you had put the tire back on... :lol:

LOL, ya I saw that after the fact. I knew the tire was going but that day, I filled it before i left and pssssssssssss. So there I am fixing it in the Tractor supply parking lot on the way to start cutting. It's always somethin'........

Status
Not open for further replies.