Tom's women were in my yard again.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Tom was here a few days ago with his Harem of 5 women. 3 of his ladies stopped by today, no Tom though. The Turkeys are very active here last few weeks.
SAM_2774.jpg

Attachments

• SAM_2775.jpg
    SAM_2775.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 112
  • SAM_2776.jpg
    SAM_2776.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 99
  • SAM_2777.jpg
    SAM_2777.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: quads
We also see and hear them frequently around here. This last Sunday I saw what I thought as a turkey in the distance while on one of my walks....turned out to be a Peacock! I guess somebody's pet got loose, got a feeling the local 'yotes may have had a meal that night.

Same here. There were a bunch in the path to the back field a while back, and I scared all the hens(?) into the trees while the males just moved a little faster and went into the woods.
Might be the same flock or gaggle that hangs out down the road. I hear those in the morning.
Nice pics. I never seem to have the camera when I see 'em.

The turkeys come in to visit every day . . . usually twice a day . . . if I hunted them I think it would be quite easy as they are literally 8 feet from my living room window . . . guess they like eating the bird seed that falls out of the bird feeder.

My wife saw a Bobcat in our backyard yesterday!!

I think the flocks are a bit scattered right now. I scared a hen in my front woods this weekend- never see them in small groups/alone- they may be getting ready to lay eggs. We have groups of over 20 quite often here.

The turkeys around here like to play chicken and then loose to 2000 pound cars. Our population is getting nuts !

Pete

They were re introduced back into this area in 1984, when ontario traded michigan for some moose. Since then they have exploded and the population is amazing. Farmers around here are bitchin to the MNR about crop loss and damage. Last year was the first for both a spring and fall hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.