Too Big? Want quiet!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyBoy

Hearth Supporter
Nov 26, 2008
Northern Kalifornia
All, I've been a lurker here for a while and have enjoyed all of the threads! Although not a total NOOB with the pellet stoves, I thought the collective experience here may be able to give me selection guidance. My main question is....My wife really likes the looks of the Quadra-fire Mt. Vernon and the one we've witnessed running was very quiet (my biggest desire)....my concern is that it will be too much for our house. We have an open floor plan...about 1700 sq ft and our outside temperatures only get down to the low to mid 30's. Since the Mt. Vernon runs on automatic thermostat and would probably run on low most of the time (to be it's quietest) I was thinking this might be a good choice. Does the logic make sense? Is this too much stove? Appreciate your thoughts....

Lucky for me I'm in the foothills of Nevada County....It's very common to get reports from the crazy folks in the Bay Area. No bans here....so far no talk of it either! It would be really hard to enforce out here in the sticks!

First year with My Mt Vernon AE Insert and I love it. Heating most of first floor in a 1500sq house with 0 insulation in the walls. Regarding the noise, it's a non factor for us and we have television mounted on the wall above the fireplace in which the insert is located. No issues when the blowers are on quiet. On normal, yes we need to turn up the TV slightly, but it is certainly not overbearing.

LazyBoy said:
Lucky for me I'm in the foothills of Nevada County....It's very common to get reports from the crazy folks in the Bay Area. No bans here....so far no talk of it either! It would be really hard to enforce out here in the sticks!

I'm at the eastern edge of the valley in Butte county. No bans here, either...yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.