Too Good of a Deal... UGH

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,
Are you interested in my guys $225/cord mixed wood delivered to Weston, or are you inquiring about the $240/cord dry hickory?
If its the former, PM me for contact info (assuming I can get a couple more myself).
Thanks,
Bryan

Can you message me the contact that you found for good wood and the price per cord? I'm in Danbury. I found a guy that actually had seasoned wood but it was expensive at $240 a cord delivered. It was mostly hickory measuring 15%-17% when resplit.
Jump on it if you have to buy......

Update - Part 2

The guy called me last night and left a message telling me he was out of town for 2 weeks and that when he returned he noticed the check bounced. Yeah, right!
I spoke with him today and gave him a pretty clear and concise perspective of how I saw the deal go down. Told him I don't like being stolen from, and I don't appreciate being taken advantage of. He says he makes 3 cord dumps with his trailer all the time and has never had a problem. Yeah, right!

I offered to pay him $200 for the wood delivered and he says he will just come pick it up.
I then told him to not go onto my property without me being home, and that I will call him to arrange a time for him to get his load.

My concern now is that he will go to my house and take his load, and more of my other wood which is stacked immediately next to his crap.
I'm telling my babysitter who watches the kids to call the police if he shows up unannounced.
Thoughts?

Did he ever show up for the wood? Don't feel bad for stopping the check, As most wood sellers have no shame in shorting or selling us green seasoned wood!
I sent a truck load of junk away last week!

I think the way to go is to haul your own wood instead of having it delivered. They can't scam you when your not sitting there looking at it in a pile on your lawn.

Reactions: KenLockett
I gave him a two day window to pick up the wood last week. No show and no call again. What a shock.

The heck with him. Let him take you to small claims. Don't show up, just pay the order if it ever comes. $100 filing fee and a day of his time wasted for $450. As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

Status
Not open for further replies.