Too good to be true?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ropelie

Dec 19, 2013
Iowa
Starting to get my pile going even before I install a stove. I found an add on craigslist that has one full cord of rounds for 35 bucks or 50 bucks delivered. He specified it's 4x4x8. He says it's just dead trees over the year's he's cleaning up to raise money. Is this a pretty good deal? I asked if he knew what kind of wood and he just said "mixed". I don't have a problem splitting by hand I'm young and dumb enough.

Jump on it. As long as its not punky or rotten that is darn cheap BTUs.

I wouldn't visit a CL seller without a picture, personally. Too many trying to get rid of garbage.

At least go check it out with the intention of buying it (take a truck or trailer). Scope it out really well even if only a third to a half is solid its still a heck of a deal! Use the bad stuff for a fire pit or re-list it as firepit wood and see if you can make some money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.