too late for a stove>>>?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ilmbg

Hearth Supporter
Ok- I have been looking at stoves on Zoobler and Obadiah. I emailed them to see if they had any others than what were on the site. Brian emailed me back that he just has a couple left. They were all too big for me.
Obadiah didn't have prices listed that are any better than Billings, Montana.
Am I screwed- have I waited too long in deciding? It is getting late, and I should have thought about this earlier!
Are there any other good places?

Generally Oct - Dec are not the best times to buy a stove if you're trying to save money. And this year the sales have been very strong. You might still be able to get an Englander via Lowes or HD or call around to smaller dealers. Don't expect to get great prices though.

Do you have fuel to burn? A good chimney? By this time you may just want to get the wood for next year and make sure it's seasoned. Seasoned wood makes learning to burn in a new stove easier.

Matt

What stove do you want and what chimney setup are you going to need?

Thanks all- I want a porcelin one- smaller, as it won't be used to heat a house, just the dining area. I have a Harman Accentra :( in the living room along with a Cove Covailient (sp) electric strip that is going to kill me in price of electricity as I have a small co-op electric company. I am disabled, have not worked for almost ten years- I usually go to my daughters in the winter -Texas, but just realized in the past 2 months that I won't be able to with the economy this year. That is why I am looking at the websites and not the 'fireplace' stores. Nobody has anything used.
I have seasoned wood- I used to have a Blaze-King Princess (1984 model), at this chinmey but got rid of it when I broke my neck/back. Now, I think I can do a 'little' stove for 'sometimes'. No big armloads of wood to carry, just small logs. This is a cold house when you are home all day with a crappy back!
I don't like the ones at Lowes- they look like the Blaze Kings- sorta. Just like the look of the traditional ones.

I am afraid I was too slow for the 1100c- thr lowest price was zoobler by a few dollars and they have no more- they don't have any traditional left. I love the look of both the 1100c and the cumberland. I haven't found any online places to buy the cumberland at a 'decent' price. Being out of work for so many years has made me have to hunt for a bargin- but thank you for the ideas. I will just have to keep looking- maybe won't have one this year- maybe next.

I'd forget online right now. Call around to local dealers to see if there are any in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.