Too Many Choices!! Opinions please!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have bought a PE instead of the Lopi if I'd found a dealer around here that carried them. I was intrigued by the "EXTENDED BURN TECHNOLOGY!!!!" . My Lopi didn't come with a blower, but it was an insert so that may be different. If you still can't decide just buy both of them, and switch them out every couple of days so you can get both.

Can I through a wrench in the works? How come no cat. Stove in your choices! I don't have one and didn't know about this forum when I was shopping for a stove. Reading about cat stoves on the site would have probably changed my decision. It seem like there are more people changing to cat stoves then the opposite!

allhandsworking said:
Can I through a wrench in the works? How come no cat. Stove in your choices! I don't have one and didn't know about this forum when I was shopping for a stove. Reading about cat stoves on the site would have probably changed my decision. It seem like there are more people changing to cat stoves then the opposite!

in all the stoves we have looked at they never came up. so we never looked at them. is there one i should be looking at? so far we are leaning towards the super 27 pedestal with blower and no ash drawer. read reviews on here that its about worthless. wanting to do an install very similar to this. this is geardoc's install very nice.

dispatcher101 said:
Both the lopi and PE are built for armageddon...can't go wrong. Does the republic use tubes? I really like the baffle system in the PE.
The Republic does use tubes.

cwill said:
allhandsworking said:

in all the stoves we have looked at they never came up. so we never looked at them. is there one i should be looking at? so far we are leaning towards the super 27 pedestal with blower and no ash drawer. read reviews on here that its about worthless. wanting to do an install very similar to this. this is geardoc's install very nice.

Agree, that's a GREAT looking install! Love the stone work.
Nice it's an inside out hearth!

tickbitty said:
cwill said:
allhandsworking said:

Agree, that's a GREAT looking install! Love the stone work.

Hearthstone and blaze king the blaze king brags of 20-40 hour burn times! You will save your back and wood with a cat stove like that. They can get pricey though!

I thought we were helping you narrow it down, but if you want to also consider a cat stove, Buck makes a solid, affordable small one (the Buck 20, I think). Not sure if anyone sells Buck in your area, but for an inexpensive steel cat, worth thinking about.

We have decided to go with the PE super 27. Based on everything i have found here and in talking with the dealer, this seems like the best stove for the $$. I really like the n/s loading and long burn times everyone here has talked about. Now i just have to rip out the old preway and build the alcove. Any suggestions on chimney material? I know it will be double wall class A but any brand better or worse than another. The PE dealer uses security chimneys brand but im open to other options. thanks for all the help everyone. :)

You should be very happy with that stove.

Simpson, ICC Excel, Selkirk (Metalbestos) also make good pipe.

We bought a Napoleon 1402 last year and are very happy with it.
It uses the baffles and tube for a very nice secondary burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.