Took awhile, but here is my proof of my M55,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks all! I do have to say that I think I love the self cleaning auger...granted I have only burned 17+ bags and only 1 type pellet but my burn pot is always clean and empty after every run (except I do heve a mini pile of ash on the right and left side of the burn tray.... At this point I don't understand the reason to scrape...because all the holes and slots are clean and clear and I don't seem to have any buildup on the surfaces. *flynfrfun....don't know if I have the adjustable auger cover plate? curious Bill

Bill,
That pile of ash actually is a good thing. It stops some pellets from jumping out of the pot and into the ashpan during startup. I'm not exactly sure what the adjustable auger plate looks like, but can only imagine it would have a sliding cover that allows less or more of the auger to be exposed to the pellets. I don't have one on mine and personally don't think it's needed with the new convection blower. You'd have to look into the hopper with a mirror when 1/2 full or less to be able to tell.

Thanks, I agree on the little piles of ash! Not to beat a dead horse, but did you say before that you have an OAK? Bill

bostonfan49 said:
thanks all! I do have to say that I think I love the self cleaning auger...granted I have only burned 17+ bags and only 1 type pellet but my burn pot is always clean and empty after every run (except I do heve a mini pile of ash on the right and left side of the burn tray.... At this point I don't understand the reason to scrape...because all the holes and slots are clean and clear and I don't seem to have any buildup on the surfaces. *flynfrfun....don't know if I have the adjustable auger cover plate? curious Bill

I agree...I do weekly cleanings "just because", but honestly from what I have seen, this stove would be just fine with a once/month cleaning.

Once per month I clean the entire inside of the stove including above the heat exchangers. I remove everything possible from inside the stove and clean it all out. It's actually pretty easy. You want to remove what Enviro calls the "firebox lower" and clean from behind there as well. It just slides up, you tilt it towards you and pull it out. Ash collects behind there. Enviro says to vacuum out from the 2 little round "tokens", but I find it easier to just remove the whole thing as I can get a lot more ash out that way.

bostonfan49 said:
Thanks, I agree on the little piles of ash! Not to beat a dead horse, but did you say before that you have an OAK? Bill

I don't think it's possible to beat a dead horse on these forums...anyways, yes I have an OAK.

Thanks for the great info guys!!!! I'm really looking hard at the M55 insert. Would you guys know who the factory distributor is for Enviro for Arkansas?

Stay Warm,

AR

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok I am excited but have to get back to work. I will want to know what I have to do to get me an OAK! Thanks, Bill

flynfrfun said:
bostonfan49 said:

I don't think it's possible to beat a dead horse on these forums...anyways, yes I have an OAK.

The problem is in killing the horse to start with, after it is dead peeps tend to stay away because it sorta like stinks.

ARGlock said:
Thanks for the great info guys!!!! I'm really looking hard at the M55 insert. Would you guys know who the factory distributor is for Enviro for Arkansas?

Stay Warm,

AR
Go to enviro.com and there should be a place that says find a dealer. enter your zip code and it should list dealers in your area

ARGlock,

From the Enviro Website.......Retailer for Arkansas is
The Woodway
1830 RJ Loop Fairbanks AR
99709 USA
Phone: 907-452-4002

For Distribution,
You could call Sherwood Industries in BC Canada MFG for Enviro
250-652-6080

---Nailer---

kykel said:
ARGlock said:

Stay Warm,

AR
Go to enviro.com and there should be a place that says find a dealer. enter your zip code and it should list dealers in your area

Also type in other zip codes around your area because Enviro's results seem to be filtered to a very small area around the zip you type in. I didn't know about the Enviro dealer I eventually bought my stove from until I did this. Glad I did because the two closest to me I wasn't happy with.

Oh, WOW, gorgeous!!

Thanks Guys!!! That Zip is for Fairbanks, Alaska!!!! Wow!!! That's a long drive!! :)

Stay Warm and Keep the Hopper Full!!!

AR

Status
Not open for further replies.