Top auger cycle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jayheel

Hearth Supporter
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
2009 Englander PDVC, not sure if my control board is working. when i adjust the heat range the top auger doesn't change it's cycle?

it should right? it's about 16-17 seconds b/w auger spins. i'm sure someone has sat there w/ a stopwatch and done this. what should i be getting b/w cycles as i
bump the heat range up?

or is the cycle always the same and then auger just spins longer each time? hmmmm basically i'm talking to myself so hopefully someone can help me before i drive my wife crazy

i've waited 5-10 minutes each time and re-checked at heat range levels 1, 4, 7, 9, each time it was the same cycle about 16 seconds.

unless the auger spins for a longer time as the heat range goes up ??? something is fishy though

thanks for the diagnostic, i'll have to wait till i shut it down for a cleaning to check

The auger HAS to spin for different lengths of time....that's how it changes the amount of pellets dropped to the lower auger, AFAIK.

That's what I thought you meant in the beginning (wasn't thinking about it clearly, obviously... :shut: )

I think you need to time how long the upper auger turns to get an accurate measurement, but that might be tough to do.

Maybe a test light connected across the upper auger connections....time how long the light stays on each cycle?

ok

so the length of the each spin is what i should be concerned about NOT the interval b/w spins

if that's the case then it should spin longer at 9 than at 1, i'll have to time that this time, w/ my hopper lid open and low pellets i can watch the auger spin and time it. probably not the best for burn safety etc. but easy to see how long and when it spins.

thanks for your help, i'm new to all of this, this year is my 1st with the stove and i haven't turned on the gas furnace yet :)

There is a lid switch on that model, the auger will stop turning when you open it....use something to hold the switch down while you time it.

either my model doesn't have a switch or it's not working. either way w/ the lid open i can watch the top auger spin, and it does spin longer (the difference b/w 1 and 9 was about 3 seconds) so i think it's working. now to hook it up to a t-stat

Status
Not open for further replies.